This view is part of my usual walk routine. First, I do a loop around my neighborhood, and then I do three laps around our neighborhood oval track. When I get to the oval track, my "prayer walk" begins. It's only about a quarter or a third of a mile around it, so I cover it quickly. Three laps seems just about right for a "walk with God". As He brings specific people to my mind, I focus in on their needs and talk to God about them.

Today as I was walking the oval track, I noticed a little black trash bag, knotted, and left sitting in some bushes. It wasn't until I walked a little further and saw the sign, that I realized what that little black bag was.


Our neighborhood association provides "poop-pickup bags" for the convenience of dog-walkers, since the oval track is in a little park area which is governed by the City "Parks and Recreation Department".
Evidently, someone chose to use one of those little bags to pick up after his/her dog--how considerate!
However . . .

He/she then disposed of the refuse in the bushes along the way. Why carry it all the way home, or even to the trash can provided near the track, when you can just dump it on a nearby bush!
Why do people feel free to litter?
Why even bother to scoop up after a pet, if only to toss it back down, now wrapped in a plastic bag? Does this make one feel good about cleaning up?
Or, is it that someone was watching when the pet pooped, so the pet owner felt compelled to do the right thing at that moment, but then felt free to be inconsiderate of others when no one was watching?
5 comments:
Here in the UK, littering has become a way of life. It is disgusting, and of course shows no respect for anything or anyone. I can't believe it (well, I do because I see it in your photgraph) that the city actually supplies the doggy bags. That is amazing. In the Netherlands you always have to watch where you walk because no on (well, very few) pick up any of the burdens their dogs leave behind. There are a few places where the sidewalk has a little picture of a dog 'doing his thing' with a red cross through it...but those were always few and far between. I think they reckon that the rain will just wash it all away!!!!
Why are we surprised, though, when sinners sin? Your evaluation was probably correct. Yet it doesn't surprise me. Folks walk their horses down our lane all the time & leave huge deposits behind. These attract flies & stink when we try to work out in the strawberry patch or at the geranium barrels. I no longer expect courtesy from horse riders.
Looks like you need to be carrying a basketball with you also.Just think of the benefits of throwing a few hoops when you get to the area of the hoops.Love ya.
Hoops? Confused here.
What happened to your pictures? To Sherry's question,I thought one of your pictures was of a place to basketballs in some net hoops.I'm sure I wasn't just seeing things.
Post a Comment