
As of yesterday, this little beauty has begun showing up, along with several other of it's family members, to entertain us with their spectacular show of color while we eat lunch. We've only seen them during lunch time, and each time we run to grab the binoculars and camera. Forget lunch! According to my bird book, we are guessing them to be "Bullock's Orioles". (I don't know who Bullock is, but he's got some gorgeous birds!)

Note to reader, Cary (CML Shearings): The blue/purple color you asked about is in the blue spruce trees. I used "auto adjust" in my photo program, and decided that I liked the color adjustment much better than the way my camera captured it. To the right here is how the picture looked before it was "fixed" and cropped.
5 comments:
Wow, great that you could capture him/her with your camera....you are - what they call here in the UK - twitchers -
Neeto No Idea who Bullock is. Uncle Ed
Beautiful bird. I've never seen one myself. What's the purplish background?
Wow! What a beautiful catch on camera.Bullick is the bull in the cow pasture snorting and licking on a lollypop.
Thanks for taking the time to crop & "fix" the photo for us. I like what you did.
Post a Comment