Due to technical difficulties of unknown origin, our computers have been unable to access the internet for the past twelve days. At long last, after countless hours spent with tech support, our system has partial restoration! WOO HOO!! Immediately after our internet connection was restored tonight, we went out to supper to celebrate!
Now that I've been off the internet for nearly two weeks, I've rediscovered life without it, and I'm not sure how I feel about re-establishing contact with it, so I may take it slowly as I decide how much of my time I want to give to it in the future. We currently have company from Montana (daughter Sherry and grandchildren, Nathaniel and Elli) -- they arrived on Monday afternoon, and will be here through next Wednesday or Thursday. So, it may be awhile before I post again, as I'm so enjoying my time spent with them!
For now . . . I've missed you all and will be back here when the time seems right!
Partial restoration . . . hmmmmmm -- just what does that mean? Well, it's a long story that's far too complicated to explain, but what I do know is . . . in my relationship with God, partial restoration is just not good enough! When I've been away from Him (by my own neglect of time spent with Him), and my connection with Him is unsatisfactory, I don't want only partial restoration! I want full restoration and complete renewal, because I desire nothing less than all that God planned for my life, and I want fullness of joy in my daily life, which He is happy to provide when my life is right with Him!
Partial restoration? It may be temporarily okay for my computer and my internet connection, but it is totally unacceptable for my connection with God!
3 comments:
Partial restoration? Like my foot at the moment. Some excellent thoughts there. Praile the Lord.
I'm glad Jeannie that your internet connection is again working. I didn't realise it was off in la la land for awhile. I figured you just were taking a break. Question: Do you ever turn off your phone for a "break"? I think that falls in here somewhere too. As well as the television set. Lately I have been going into a totally seperate room, where no t.v. exists, and sitting to have my devotions. It is too easy to just turn that ole t.v. on, and sit and stare at it all the time. I hate that. Thank's for sharing your thoughts. My computer connection is "our phone connection with son Jon in Taiwan". I need that connection to stay in place. Love you!!
I was off for a while too, but once I got back into the blog, I was hooked. It was nice to stop by, enjoy your time off.
Post a Comment