I now live in a house that affords full views--incredible views of the sunset! Last night I saw one of the most awesome sunsets I have ever seen...and there was no film in my camera! I stepped out onto the deck to get a better look, and just stood there (on my rain-soaked deck), drinking in the indescribable beauty of the skies, and wondering, "Does it get any better than this? Is there anything more beautiful than what I am seeing right now?" My husband stepped outside to join me, and as we watched, the colors deepened and the glow intensified -- kind of like standing in a Thomas Kincade art gallery and watching the magical glow in the painting as the lighting on it is adjusted to various settings. Standing there on the wet deck, with our arms wrapped around each other, we were mesmerized as the scene became progressively more beautiful with each passing moment! Swept away by the romance of the sunset, and with hearts full of praise to God, we couldn't resist sharing a kiss and whispering a few "sweet nothings" to each other, before relucantly stepping back inside as the color faded. Oh the pure pleasure and wonderful delight of a few moments in such a place--caught up in total tranquility and exquisite beauty!
"...No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love Him..."
(I Corinthians 2:9)
I cannot even begin to imagine what Heaven will be like! But I do know this: I'm going there someday! I know that for certain because I love Jesus and He loves me! And, I know that He is preparing a very special place for all those who love Him--a beautiful place where we will spend all of eternity with Him! In that place there is beauty awaiting us like we have never even caught a glimpse of here on earth! And, I'm going to be in the right place to see it! Will you? (Admittance is only by truly loving Jesus -- giving your heart to Him and believing that He is God Almighty!) Hope to see you there!
Click here for a follow-up about this sunset (and for pics)
6 comments:
Its time for you to get a digital camera with a memory card so that you don't have to worry about being out of film.You take pictures and after you download them or even taking them to the machine at Wallgreens and get prints of them you can delete the memory and retake more picture on the same memory card.Come on and join the digital generation.
Sunsets! Heaven! God's blessings we don't deserve. That's "amazing grace!"
I would love to sit with you there at night and watch some of those gorgeous sunsets. (Maybe even a few sunrises). Hummmmm??? Maybe I will think about that one for a bit.
Hi Larry & Jeannie!
I don't have your phone number or e-mail address anymore, and I have a question for y'all. Would either of you mind calling me at your earliest convenience?
360-771-6924 (mobile)
Thanks tons!
Tom Chidwick
Thank you so much Jeannie for sharing this with us. I definately have enjoyed reading it over and over. I miss you. Am waiting for your "new" post. I'm missing my "devotional" reading! Love you!!
In reading back through my archives (on June 17, 2006), I've just discovered that the blog on which the pictures were posted, is no longer in existance.
Post a Comment