The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Great Black Hunter

Pretzel is her name -- birds and mice are her game.
How she catches them, I just don't know!
Thirteen years old and getting slow,
but patiently waiting and crouching low,
she suddenly pounces before they go!

Catching those mice--I'm thankful for!
But, why must she grab the birds I adore?
Surely, she has no intention to kill--
just wants to impress me with her skill;
but, wouldn't it be nice if she only caught mice!

7 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

I love pretzels, great name for a cat!

Anonymous said...

Was the holiday delicious?

Anonymous said...

Yes -- D'lish! How nice of you to ask! Thanks, Rebecca--and "Hi" to you too! (more later)

Hey, nice to see your picture here too!

Kinza said...

Oh Auntie Jeannie!
I really like these "Pretzel Poems" they are so sweet and funny!
Love you lots
Kinza

Anonymous said...

Why, thank you, dear Kinza! I love you lots, too!
Auntie Jeannie

Anonymous said...

OK - now that you have your grandchildren there etc. it is still time to post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!!! Oh, so you think I should get my priorities straight, do ya? Okay, okay...I'll try to find some extra time--easier said than done!