Today is a new day, just waiting to receive new footprints and try out new efforts! (No, I did not say "try on new outfits"!) Today is a new opportunity to "start over" with new ideas, new plans, and new determination. Today is full of new hope and new courage! I'm so thankful that God gives us a new day every morning!
This morning it occurs to me that our yesterdays are important too! Yesterdays can be full of regret, or we can choose to let go of that regret and just focus on what was good about yesterday. Our yesterdays can be strong foundations for our todays and tomorrows!
Yesterday (July 10th) was the 37th anniversary of the day I met my husband -- on a blind date! I remember it like it was just...yesterday! Every detail of that evening stands out with incredible sharpness, and thirty-seven years have not dimmed the delightful memories! We went out with another couple (mutual friends) to play miniature golf. Every year, since then, on July 10th, we have relived that "yesterday" (and celebrated our "today") by going out to play miniature golf -- except yesterday! It rained!
Other than that disappointment, it was a very good day! The morning was spent at church--a very good time with God--really good! After church we enjoyed a delicious brunch at a nearby hotel and then spent a few hours flitting from store to store, catching up on some "necessary" shopping--fun stuff--really! In the evening we had a houseful of friends (17 people here)--our monthly "Home Fellowship Group". This is always a delightful evening! Last night it included a pizza supper, followed by our usual time of praise singing (with guitar), communion, devotional thoughts, sharing and prayer -- so totally refreshing! Even though Sunday was not a "sun-day", it was definitely a "Son-day", since Jesus was in it all!
Our yesterdays...todays...and tomorrows -- they're all in God's hand! He has every one of our days already planned for us! We can choose to cooperate or rebel against His plan, but it's always in our best interests to cooperate with Him! His blessing is the reward for our cooperation!
Father God, help me to cooperate with You, today, because You are the wise-planner and caring-keeper of all my days! "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be! (Psalm 139:16)
5 comments:
Glad you are still on your blind date! Larry's been a good friend to me over the years. Sorry we haven't seen much of each other lately.
Wow, that is romantic that you still celebrate after this long. My sister and her hubby celebrate their kissing anniversary and he always buys her a special gift. They've been together 23 years and going strong.
How fun! I love these wonderfully romantic, fun-loving, traditions that celebrate the success of sticking together through-thick & thin! Thanks, Darlene!
In true Dutch form, I wish to congratulate you on the anniversary of meeting your husband!!!
I must say though that the thought of mini-golf..well...I guess it is about who you play mini-golf with that makes it important and special! Carol-Ann says OH PHOOEY - this reminds me of my mother who would have said OH HORRORS!!!
Yesterday, today and tomorrow.
An interesting threesome.
All individuals and yet bedfellows at the same time.
Can I remember that fact when I say what I say
do what I do
even think what I think???
I hope so
your friend in the journey,
Thank you Jeannie with sharing "more" special thoughts with all of us. I am here, even tho I haven't said much lately. Love you!!!
Post a Comment