If you look close you'll see our ferry boat coming into the "Inner Harbor" at Victoria. (This picture was taken from our hotel balcony.)
The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.
Saturday, July 30, 2005
Vacation Photos
Two weeks ago today, I was getting ready to leave for our vacation -- Vancouver Island (British Columbia). Just a day and a half after returning from vacation, we picked up our grandchildren to keep them for a week. Yesterday I returned them to their mom and dad, so now (better late than never), I finally get to post pictures of our vacation.
If you look close you'll see our ferry boat coming into the "Inner Harbor" at Victoria. (This picture was taken from our hotel balcony.)
If you look close you'll see our ferry boat coming into the "Inner Harbor" at Victoria. (This picture was taken from our hotel balcony.)









6 comments:
Wow, do those photos ever bring back memories!!!
Especially the one with the driftwood on the beach for some reason!
Lovely
It looks like a beautiful place to vacation.Time away is wonderful for the body and the soul.
Hmmm...Second photo from the bottom, bottom center of the image, holding up a camera or shading your eyes or something?
Well I certainly couldn't find you. I just don't think you are there. I think YOU are the picture taker! It does look like a wonderful time. Are you in for some sailing soon???:~)
Okay, okay . . .
According to Larry, yes, I AM in the last picture -- center of the picture, looking to the side. (Where else would you expect his focus to be?) It may appear that I am next to another person, but, actually I am a bit back from that person. Larry walked across the river to take a picture of the cliff-jumpers. I was just kickin' back, enjoying myself, not even thinking about him taking a picture my way.
No, that's not me out in the river, Sherry -- I chose to sun-bathe on the warm, dry stoney beach, rather than freeze my tootsies.
Ha Ha Ha!!! No,I don't think my hand is up to my eyes -- it appears to me that both arms are extended back to prop myself up. I realize that it appears that I'm sitting next to another person, but I am actually back a bit from that person,
Post a Comment