The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Monday, February 12, 2007

All About Nothing

Hi.
I haven't written anything here for a whole week. (So, what?) That seems to have become a pattern for me, in case you haven't noticed. I rarely think about posting anything, except for the times I feel guilty for not putting up something new for awhile. But, then I notice that there are other bloggers who don't post very often either, and I feel more okay about me.

There's really nothing on my mind to write about here, but I just decided to say "hi". Larry is gone for the week--back east. He left before dawn on Sunday morning and flew to Jacksonville, Florida. He'll spend a few days there and then travel to Columbia, South Carolina--all in a day's work (or should I say, all in a week's work), because of his new job.

It's very quiet when I'm the only one here--except for when I have my music blasting. Last night my son came in and said (teasingly), "Hey--you better turn that down before the neighbors compain!" I figure there's gotta be something to keep me company while hubby's gone! Otherwise, I talk to myself (out loud). Sometimes I even laugh at what I say, and then I sing it (trying out different tunes), and then I laugh even more!

It was a beautiful day here today--sunshine and mild temperatures. I didn't go anywhere. Dumb! Tomorrow it will probably rain, and I will probably go somewhere anyway. Strange! Well, at least I got the ironing done today. (Yes, Kinza, I do iron--every week!)

Well, I guess I'm about all talked out for now--guess I'll curl up with a good book to read until I fall asleep, or my son comes home--whichever happens first.
G'nite!

3 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Hi back at ya.It looks like you will be feeling the quiet for alittle while.Time for a project.I'll be right there.Don't I wish.Love ya.

Mister Ed T said...

You laugh back at yourself. You sing back! Boy, that proves it! You ARE crazy, off your rocker, around the bend, etc. etc. Well, hope Larry gets back soon so he can restore some sanity to your life.

Me? I've been crazy all my life!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Hi Back Jeannie :)

Yep, I haven't posted for awhile. I guess you can say, I'm goin thru a dry spell. I am enjoying reading others blogs for the time being. I guess that's ok cause everyone else has gone thru their own dry spells.

Love you Jeannie!! Crank up that music and enjoy it with your book!!