Okay, I've decided what to call my squirrel.
Thanks to all of you who submitted name ideas -- such good ideas! However (sorry to say), none of them seemed just right for my furry friend.
"Chip" (or any variation therefore) seemed more befitting for a chipmunk (a cousin of my squirrel).
"Chat" (or any variation therefore) didn't work because I've never heard my squirrel chatter. (Guess he's always got his mouth full when he's sitting in my tree.)
"Barabbas" or "Achan" didn't seem just (or right) for my perfectly fine-mannered little friend, because he is no longer a thief. Now my little pet eats only what it finds in the squirrel feeder--freely offered by my own hand. Therefore, it seems unmerciful to attach a reminder of a shameful past by way of a nametag. Since he (she?) has repented of his/her sinful ways, I say, "Let sleeping dogs lie" -- or should I say, "Let scampering squirrels...squat (and sin no more)!"
For a moment I considered "Slick", for this fast little furball is pretty slick at running up and down the tree, and slipping in and out of the squirrel feeder; however, it's hair is seldom slicked back -- it's usually a bit tousled by the wind.
Actually, my squirrel (who used to be such a little scamp) was once appropriately named "Lucky Thief" (by Carol-Ann). But, now, this cute little critter has turned away from the practice of thievery and is nicely reformed. Since, it now seems quite well-behaved, and is so very fun to watch scamper about...from henceforth and forevermore, my favorite, furry litttle friend shall be known as "Scamper". Afterall, that's what it does best!
Definition of "scamper": to run nimbly and playfully about.
Yup, that perfectly describes this little rascal! "SCAMPER" it is!
Hey...maybe the "S" stands for "Slick", and camping out in my squirrel feeder is what he/she likes to do in his/her spare time!
(Slick camper -- S-camper)
4 comments:
Good choice!
I like Scamper, too.
Hey Mom (#2)-
I will agree, Scamper is a splendid name for the little guy. Thanks for the encouragement this morning. It was good to catch up you guys this morning and see how things are working out up there. I am envious... I loved working out of my home. The nice schedule, the flexibility, I miss it; but I love what I am doing now! Anyway, have a great day!
ODC
Oh well at least the Squirrels have a name now instead of them hearing us say "Hey You There!I was so thrilled when you asked me if I wanted to name your squirrel.Scamper is a cute name.
Post a Comment