The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Recipe for Happiness

This recipe may not be found under the category of "quick & easy", but it certainly is delicious and nourishing!

A Heaping Helping of Happiness

1. Hubby returns home (at 1:30 A.M.) after being gone for a week.

2. Serve leftover pizza for breakfast (hubby likes it), along with lattes (or cappuccino) made by son from his expresso machine.

3. Arrange for a day of bright sunshine and pleasant temperatures by midday.

4. Send hubby and son out to go kayaking on a nearby river.

5. While they're gone, prepare a surprise, yummy, hot dinner meal, ready to serve immediately when they return in midday.

6. Smile sweetly when they walk in famished and ask "What smells so good?"

7. Notice their obvious enjoyment and appreciation as they eat the delicious hot meal.

8. Savor the wonderful feeling that all is well!

As I cleaned up the kitchen afterwards, I couldn't help but notice how happy my heart felt!

7 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

Times like this are true miracles of God's grace in a fallen world! We often enjoy but forget to thank Him for such fulfilling & satisfying times. I'm glad you are doing that by sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl....sounds like a perfect day to me! Giving to those we love, being appreciated...and leftover pizza and cappacino's too! Hey...when can I come over?!!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Glad to hear Larry made it home safe and sound.I'm sure the added noise in the house was a welcome also.

Mister Ed T said...

Way to go! You are adjusting well to haveing your husband home. Keep it up. Well, maybe not pizza for every breakfast. Thankfulness is a big key to happiness.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

It's great your hubby is back home, and you enjoyed you're day.

That's a good reciepe for happiness

Eagle-eye Di said...

By the way,I just saw your new pic of yourself on your profile.You look very pretty with your long hair.RuthAnn stood here saying wow!She has long hair too,pretty!Love ya.I have a pic I would like on my profile would you replace what is there with this one?I will put it in your email.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Thank-you,thank-you,thank-you,many times over.Love ya Jeannie.