The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Year-End Close-Out


Family gatherings were the highlight of our holiday season! Our kids and grandkids were here for only five and a half days--a quickie visit, but it made for a wonderful Christmas celebration! They stayed in our home, but we shared their time with the other side of their family and some of their friends in Vancouver, Washington. We savored every bit of the time we had with them, and they included us with their family visiting in Vancouver on Christmas day. We loved every moment of it! I so enjoyed everything about Christmas this year--one of the best ever!

Within just a few hours of saying goodbyes to our daughter's family, as they headed back home to Montana, Larry and I left for a weekend at the coast (the Pacific Ocean). We had great weather and one of our favorite places to get away--Inn of the Four Winds at Seaside, Oregon--all the makings for a wonderful few days! (Click here for pictures of our getaway)

This morning we finished putting away the last bit of Christmas decoration, but I was certainly not ready for it to end. The older I get, the more I love these special family gatherings--especially at Christmas time!

Everything on my humongous "to-do" list that I posted back in early December has been completed--except for one thing: Now, all we have left to do is to get back to some semblance of a "normal" life, while my husband hunts for a new job to replace the one he will soon lose (at the end of January), as we contemplate the possibility of moving again!

Oh joy! What an exciting adventure we live!

9 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

Thank you for the photos, Jeannie! I loved the one of Sherry & Andy snuggled & sleeping together on the couch.

Montana Sherry C said...

Great photos, Mom! Thanks for posting them. Elli hasn't slowed down on that drum set, although we had a temporary set-back when Fudgey ate one of the drumsticks. Fortunately, they are not expensive to replace, but now they are kept out of the pup's reach. Hard to blame a puppy for chewing up a "stick" that he finds on the "ground."

Mister Ed T said...

Waiting to hear the next step of your adventure.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Thanks Jeannie for posting all the pictures. I'm glad you had a great Christmas with your family.

We still have our tree up. I'm not quite ready to see the lights put away yet.

I'm sorry we couldn't connect on New Years Day. Shall try again soon. Tomorrow morning is coming pretty soon all ready for my run around Wal-Mart.

Love you all!

CML_Shearings said...

Thank you, thank you for so quickly giving me links to the 3 blogs!!!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Hey there Jeannie, it's your sis Wascally Wabbit! You got other blogs to share? Would love to see them to. Any chance?? For your humble little sister, dis wascally wabbit??

Link's acomin?? Yea!!!

Eagle-eye Di said...

I always love the pics.Family gatherings are always wonderful at any time.Oh and by the way I second Colleen's request.Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Dianne, as I already explained to Colleen today, Cary's mention of links to 3 blogs is referring to me putting links on her blog for her, which she didn't used to have. If you click into Cary's blog (CML Shearings), you'll see the 3 links in her sidebar.

Eagle-eye Di said...

I don't see them.Where oh where did they go?