The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Tag, You're It !

Today, by email, I received the following "friend survey" from a friend of mine. Usually I don't like to do "tag" things because they require an awful lot of time and hard thought. (The answers just don't come easy for me -- I guess I'm just way too complicated for giving quick, easy answers.) But, this fun little survey is a lot more "user-friendly" because it's quick and easy -- much more my type. Since I don't always want to do what I get tagged for, I've decided not to tag anyone. I'm just leaving it up to you...if you want to do it, then do it. Post it on your blog, or send me an email, or just pick out a few favorites here and respond to those by way of comment. Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What time is it?
1:00 P.M. on the dot when I started; 1:30 on the dot when I finished!

2. What are your initials, and what would you like them to stand for?
J A D / joyful, affectionate, dependable

3. What are you most afraid of?
Boogie men in the middle of the night when I am home alone.

4. How many children do you have?
two by blood, 2 more by choice

5. How many grandchildren?
two by blood, 3 more by choice

6. Have you ever seen a ghost?
I don't think so, but when I was a kid, I used to see some strange figure all in black, with black hood, standing at the end of my bed, in the middle of the night, every Christmas Eve. I've never figured that one out.

7. Where were you born?
Pontiac, Michigan

8. Ever been to Alaska?
Yes, Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway while on a cruise; also Skagway another time while driving down from Whitehorse, Yukon.

9. Ever been "toilet-papering"?
Yup, with my daughter, to TP her boyfriend's VW Bus, when she was in 10th grade.

10. Ever loved someone so much it made you cry?
Yes, but only when deeply hurt by someone I dearly love.

11. Ever been in a car accident?
Yes (several), but no serious injuries. My most serious injuries have come from bicycle accidents.

12. Croutons or bacon bits?
Usually neither, but croutons sometimes (never "Bacon Bits"), and sometimes real crumbled bacon.

13. Favorite day of the week?
No real favorite, but maybe Monday, just because the peace and quiet is so nice after a busy weekend.

14. Favorite restaurant?
Island Café - outdoors, at the end of a dock on the Columbia River (Actually, just about any place on the water)

15. Favorite flower?
Roses (red or yellow) and lilacs for their fragrance; daisies for their cheerfulness

16. Favorite drink?
iced tea, coffee, strawberry lemonade, really good (expensive) red wine, fruity cocktails

17. Favorite ice cream?
Pralines & Cream (Baskin Robbins), but because I'm lactose intollerant, I seldom go there.

18. Favorite fast food?
Mexican Pizza at Taco Bell or sub sandwiches at Subway

19. What color is your bedroom carpet?
cream

20. How many times have you failed your drivers test?
never (neither road test nor written test--I always study for a week before I take it.)

21. From whom did you get your last email?
Jennifer (my "adopted daughter) in Washington state

22. What do you do most often when you are bored?
play computer games (Sudoku; FreeCell; Spider Solitaire; Taipei)

23. Bed time?
Usually 10:00 to 10:30 (because my husband prefers that), but I'm always ready for sleeping by 9:00/9:30.

24. Who will most likely respond to this "tag" the quickest?
I have no idea! (Who wants to surprise me?)

25. Who is the person least likely to respond to it?
my son

26. Who is the person whose answers you are most curious to see?
Kinza

27. Ford or Chevy?
Chevy - Corvette!

28. What are you listening to right now?
the quiet hum of my computer's hard drive

29. What are your favorite colors?
yellow (represents sunshine) and red (represents fun)

30. How many tattoos do you have?
none - never! (Why does anyone want to do that to his/her body?)

31. How many pets do you have?
sadly, none (except for the birds and squirrels I feed in my yard)

32. Which came first the chicken or the egg?
chicken

33. What would you like to accomplish before you die?
learn to play the piano; learn to speak Spanish

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because Tattoos are fun!!!!!

Chad

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! How could I forgot about you (one of my "adopted kids") and your tattoos!

Congratulations for being FIRST to respond! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Toilet papering - who me? I refuse to answer, taking the 5th ammendment. Our high school principal was guilty of TPing though, when he put it in my graduation folder instead of a diploma.
Larry

Anonymous said...

I do recall sending our daughter to talk to you when she asked me to be the chauffeur to take her and her friends TPing one night.

Mister Ed T said...

#3 Heights
#7 Ponoka Alberta
#8 Vacationaed in Alaska in 1985 (Tented in the rain in Anchorage)Also flew over a galacier on o Pastor's retreat in Ak.

#11 March 8, 1009. Rolled our mini-van into the river bottom in wet snow. Suzanne was with me. She got a few bruises and I got wiplash. I also lost a pieve of my ear. The van was totaled but not before catching two fish in the tailgate.

#12 crutons on salad. Bacon bits on Baked Potatoe--a must.

#13 My sleep-in morning!

#16 Cold--Mountain Dew (original, no caffeen) or Hot Apple cider.

#20 I failed the road test three times before getting it right. Also fail the road test for School bus lisence twice before succeeding.

#28 The bathrom fan is running.

#30 Tattoes? I'm with you Jeannie on this one.

#32 God created the chicken (and a rooster too)

#33 See my grand kids grow up. See the Columbia I ce fields. (There arn't that far away) Disciple a few more people. Write a book--a Space age sicience fiction novel that portrays the fall and redemption of Mankind.

Mister Ed T said...

#27 and #33 Has to be a
Hummer (not H2) and would like to drive one some day. Maybe even get it stuck!
E-mail me; I lost your address.

Anonymous said...

Pralines and Cream? Ok..we can do Baskin Robbins togehter some day - we have the same taste! And...you've been to Whitehorse eh?? We used ot live up there..and we've visited all the places in Alaska that you mentioned! So...yup! I knew I liked you!

Montana Sherry C said...

I played!

Just for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone who played along with me in this little game of "tag"! I enjoyed all of your comments and answers!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I personally get more fun out of reading everyone's responses. I printed out the questions, but will have to think about them for awhile.

So, answer away everybody! I will be all eyes and ears. (hee hee)

Eagle-eye Di said...

Don't wait up for my playing tag to go to bed.I am like Colleen,I am enjoying reading other answers.I may and I may not play,undecided is where I sit right now.