The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter Wonderland


It began snowing at 5:00 this morning. (Since it almost never snows here, this is big excitement for us.) I woke up at 6:45, got up and looked out the window, came back to bed and said quietly to Larry, "Merry Christmas, Honey." There was about an inch or two of the beautiful white fluff covering the ground and the pine trees in our back yard. What a gorgeous winter wonderland to wake up to!

After watching the news for a little bit, Larry decided there was no good reason to head out into the snarls of traffic going sideways, to try to get to the office that is practically a ghost town now anyway.

By mid-morning, all the hills of our neighborhood were covered with kids on sleds, so we decided it was time for us to get out in it for our own enjoyment. It was cold (below freezing), but no one seemed to notice. There was just too much fun to be had!

What started out as an adult version of snow fun (walking in the winter wonderland), and just watching the kids enjoy playing in the snow, quickly became a digression into my second childhood. I just can't resist a good romp in the snow! Snow angels, anyone?

Those big fluffy flakes continued to fall for several more hours, finally stopping just a short time ago. Now we have at least four inches on the ground, and the weather man predicts that it will stay for awhile--at least a couple of days or more.

"Since we've no place to go,
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

6 comments:

Montana Sherry C said...

Wow, Mom! Four inches of snow is quite a bit for you guys! How fun! We have less than an inch here. Enjoy it for us. I loved the photo of you making a snow angel. Very cute.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Oh what fun you guys had!What beautiful pics and fun all of you had for a little while.I would have loved to do a snow angel with you two.Have fun for alittle while.Love ya.

Mister Ed T said...

Hey! That't a beautiful snow angel. But you almost wore her out. Is that green grass I see peaking through? Snow? We have lost to spare. Had the biggest blizzard in years last week. But, unfortunately, we were able to make it to work relatively easily. Townspeople in Grande Praire had more trouble with drifting snow.Then three days of cold.

Today its near the melting point.

Enjoy the white stuff. I'f sure down there it melts faster than you can shovel it!

Carol-Ann Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol-Ann Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

What awsome "angels"!! Oh my!! What fun memories these pictures bring!!

I think the last snow angels Ed and I made were in Whitehorse. It was fun, I totally enjoyed it!!