Same place, same kids, same fun, same NOISE!
Yup! They're in the pool again, all refreshed from a good night's sleep and a yummy breakfast.
Observation: Kids' batteries recharge much faster than adults' batteries.
I love having these kids here. When Larry and I first talked about how many kids we would like to have, he said one--I said four. We compromised at two. Now I have my four ("adopted" grandchildren)--Rachel, Nicholas (Nik), Joshua (Josh), and Caleb. They're only 18 months apart from each other (all four of them--planned that way)--ages 6 to 10. They look almost identical to each other--except for their sizes. Their mom and dad also look like they could be sister and brother, so it's no wonder the kids all look so much alike. The best part: they get along with each other great--most of the time, and they seem to adore us as much as we adore them.
I miss my own kids and grandkids alot. I'm so thankful that God has given us this "adopted" bunch who live close enough to get together frequently. I guess God knew (when part of my own bunch moved to Montana) that I would still need my "grandma fix".
It all began when we said "yes" to our daughter-in-law's request that we might consider letting a close friend of hers (Erich) live with us temporarily, when he moved here to start a new job. His family would have to stay behind for awhile (in Southern California) to do all the work of getting the family ready to move. We immediately liked Erich and enjoyed having him with us for two months before his family joined him. Within a couple of months after they moved here, a "family" relationship developed, which resulted in us becoming surrogate grandparents to the kids. They began spending every other weekend with us, unless something prevents that. It didn't take long for the kids (by their own choice) to begin calling us "Gramma and Grampa".
Yes, God knew how much I needed that and how much I would enjoy them. What a gift for one who couldn't wait to be a grandma, and loves being one!
No comments:
Post a Comment