The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Four Kids and a Pool

Noisy crazy fun going on at our house today: four little kids (who think they are fish--the jumping, diving, hollering kind) and a pool, and a slide, and a spa, and a beach ball, and a heavy-duty float mat, and four water noodles. and a float ring, plus four pair of swim goggles.

Add one more toy to the watery mix: a hula hoop!

Hmmm...I never thought of using the heavy-duty float mat in the spa before. It has become a boat.

I should go get my camera and take pictures to post, but I'm having too much fun just watching their antics! Can you say "imagination"?

Would you be brave enough to zip down a water slide into the smile of a crocodile at the bottom? What about into the jaws of a giant shark? Would you dare enter the waters of make-believe with four hyper water buffalos who have no fear of humans?

"Hey Gramma, watch this!" WAIT TILL I MOVE AWAY FROM THE DIVING BOA...

Now you know why I didn't stay in the water with them very long. (It's much safer over here at the patio table.)