We really enjoyed his visit with us. Although we were strangers to each other, and he really didn't have much to say, I enjoyed his visit immensely and hope he will return.
Did I mention his name? No? That's because I didn't actually catch his first name before he had to run--or should I say fly? I think his last name is Mallard, or O'Mallard--something like that. I called him Millard--Millard O'Mallard.
Return Guest
Our new friend came back tonight. I guess Millard really likes our place. In fact, he evidently thinks of our pool as his own private pond. A stranger came by to join him tonight and Millard was really mean to him. He immediately grabbed the visitor by the neck and hung on, biting him and trying to drown him! After a few moments of Millard's unacceptable behavior toward a friendly stranger, the new visitor quickly took off! I don't expect that he'll be back.Last night Millard seemed nice enough, but I sure didn't expect that he would have such bad manners toward other visitors, in a home that wasn't his to start with! After just one visit he seems to think he owns the place!
3 comments:
AWWWW He's a cutie-but I think ur right-he's NOT gonna share. Hard to believe last I saw that pool u were laying on a lounge chair-sunning-and snow was on everything. Millard O'Mallard missed THAT one-but I have the feeling he doesn't care.
Patt
Neeto! Nothing like seeing God's creatures in action.
. . .Just hope he doesn't bring his girlfriend. A Mallard couple visited the yard/pool of a friend of mine a couple years ago and laid eggs in her bushes. . .which Dept of Fish and Game promptly labeled a protected habitat and they had to leave them there and restrain their dog until the eggs hatched. =)
Post a Comment