The rose was given to me at church yesterday. As I walked in I saw two young girls just ahead, ready to hand out fresh-cut, long-stemmed roses to the women as they entered. The girl on my left had a red rose; the girl on my right had a yellow one.
I wondered which one would reach out to me first. Of course, my first thought was, "Yellow is my favorite color, so I hope for that one, but I really like red roses just as well." At that same moment, the girl closest to me quickly stepped toward me and smiled sweetly as she handed me the yellow rose, and quietly said, "Happy Mothers Day."
I leaned down, flashed her my biggest smile, and exclaimed, "Oh, thank you--yellow is my favorite color." It was only as I stood back up and glanced beyond her, into the gymnasium that doubles as our sanctuary, that I noticed the table spread with roses--all of which were red.
While I was walking around, and again while seated during the service, looking around at other women holding roses, I never saw another yellow rose. My heart was fully aware of God's little nudge to remind me that He loves me. I frequently notice these little nudges from Him, and my heart responds, "Hi, Lord, I love you too."
I love it when He gives me little reminder nudges.
Today I'm basking in the glow of yesterday!
I think it just gets better every year!
I think it just gets better every year!
The only thing I can think of that would
definitely make it better is to be surrounded by
definitely make it better is to be surrounded by
all of my "kids and
"grandkids, including all those that we've adopted throughout the years. So, you're all invited for next year's Mothers Day celebration. Come one, come all!
"grandkids, including all those that we've adopted throughout the years. So, you're all invited for next year's Mothers Day celebration. Come one, come all!
2 comments:
Hello Jeannie-I hope this one goes thru at last. I always end up clicking or typing something wrong that deletes my effort. That is a really nice story of your yellow rose. Someone else was "nudged" to remember YRose O'Tex-so special. Do u know what the "yellow rose" stands for? Diane (Halda) Bordeaux gave me a dozen on my 50th birthday (we just happened to be in Mich then) She said that special color rose stood for "friendship". Diane's Mother's name was "Rose". Patt Cheek-Smith
Hi Patt,
So nice to see you here!
Yes, I remember someone (probably you) mentioning before that the yellow rose stands for friendship. I guess in my case, I would like it to represent friendship with Jesus.
Thanks for visiting me here.
Jeannie
Post a Comment