The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day!

I guess there won't be any dancin' around the may pole today -- it's pouring rain outside and very windy!

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

I'm sure there are many in the state of Texas who are very thankful for this rain.  Me?  I much prefer sunshine, but I guess all sunshine and no rain would not be good for any of us.

"Into every life a little rain must fall."   Some are very thankful for it, and some wish it would go away.  Some need it badly, and some have had far too much of it.  How's it going with the rain in your life?  Are you "dancin' around a maypole" in your heart today, or are you "sitting quietly under an umbrella", wishing the rain in your heart would go away?

"Take your burden to the Lord, and leave it there."

"Come unto me, all you who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (says the Lord).

No comments: