The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Millard O'Mallard Reforms His Ways

Well, well! It looks like our fine-feathered friend has decided to mind his manners! Millard is noticeably uneasy about allowing an intruder to share his private pond, but at least he was not going for the kill tonight!
...
I was glad to see that the newcomer didn't attempt to go for a swim, since the last time Millard saw a stranger dare to enter his own water space, he nearly drowned the poor visitor. Tonight it was simply a peaceful stand-off for awhile; then the visitor just relaxed and settled down for a rest. Millard, on the other hand, never moved from his tense position of keeping a watchful guard over his territory, and maintaining a safe distance from this unwelcome guest.
 ...
Oh Millard O'Mallard!  
I wonder if it has occurred to you yet
that you don't belong in this "pond" either!
.
I just hope the new guy doesn't invite a bunch of other friends over for a party here.  That might cause some problems.

4 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Of course its his pond! He was the first Mallard to claim it, and he's simply defending his homeland.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

oh how funny!

Jeannie said...

I really enjoy watching the antics of wildlife! They're really very funny creatures!

Eagle-eye Di said...

This is tooooooooooooo funny.You could end up with an awful mess if more fine feathered friends show us to join his party.