The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcoming Autumn

Today was a beautiful first day of autumn!

I awoke from a good night sleep, refreshed and ready for a new day!
The church service was very good!
Lunch out with friends was so enjoyable!
My power nap on the couch was incredibly renewing!
Our long walk in the fresh air (pleasant temperature and quiet, peaceful surroundings) was simply delightful!
The evening snack was tasty, and the book I've just begun reading this evening (Every Living Thing, by James Herriot) is such a satisfying read.

Yes, it has been a very nice day, and God is so good to give us another day to enjoy with Him.

And, now I'm looking forward to starting another new day tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your day was very similar to mine: Church, lunch with friends, snooze, walk in the park with Colleen, snack and read a book. Uncle Ed

Montana Sherry C said...

Mom, so glad you had a lovely day all around. Our weather here was cold and rainy. I think the fires will be out for good after this dreary weekend! I guess for that I am grateful.

CML_Shearings said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Your Autumn beginning & ours were what we needed. We received over an inch of rain which should be the fire season ending event. Although there's a little snow on the mountains, our hiking group wants to get at least one or two Fall hikes in. We will be hiking St. Mary's Peak tomorrow.

strider1971 said...

sounds our automn was spent at church my dad and I mom Ruthann and Grandpa spent time at the flee market. we then went out for lunch and came home for a nap which was refreshing and then to Annette's for bon fire and some mores. and for dinner my favorite Pizza of course