The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

God's Goodness is Amazing!

Yesterday was a tough day for all of us, but God brought us through it just fine! God is good!

Friends and pastors surrounded us with loving care and prayer throughout the entire day and evening. We truly felt God's presence through all these precious people who gave up their time to spend with us. Then there were also the many emails, phone calls, and blog comments that brought smiles to us in those moments when we could take a few minutes to check for messages. He used everyone of you as His channel of support, comfort, and encouragement for our times of weariness. Throughout all of these days we have experienced many wonderful little "God-moments" that have lifted our hearts as doctors have cared for Larry's heart.

Speaking of "God-things" and doctors . . .
Larry's anesthesiologist is a Christian -- what a delightful surprise and blessing! He, along with the guy pushing the gurney, came to get Larry for surgery on Saturday morning. Would you believe he prayed with all of us when we got to the operating room? Yup! It was his idea! As we got to the place where they would take Larry through the double doors into the surgery area, and pointed out the waiting room to us, he said, "Let's stop and join hands around Larry, and pray. He led in prayer! It was an awesome moment that I will never forget. That's just one of many amazing God-things that have happened during this time.

Tonight is the first night I have been at home before 10:30. And, even alone actually! I chose to leave my husband in the company of our son and daughter tonight and treat myself to some alone time at home before it gets late. I had phone calls to make to return messages, and blog updating to do, and knew it would do me good to have a little quiet time for awhile. So, I took care of myself, and allowed them the time with their dad.

Larry is doing very well! This afternoon he was released from Cardiac I.C.U., and is back in a regular room on the cardiac care floor. He had quite severe pain off and on until the middle of the afternoon today. But, after they removed the chest tubes, his pain level dropped substantially. He's still on oxygen, and several different medications being dripped in through IVs, but really doing much better tonight.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and well wishes. We love you!

10 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Well, I feel like I'm alittle out of the "loop". Sorry I haven't gotten thru on this little box before now Jeannie. I am very thankful everything went fine for Larry's surjury.

Suzanne and I and little Roger were off at a ladies prayer retreat weekend, away from home where there was no phone linkage.

On the way home, my cell phone startled me, ringing in my pocket. Ed was wondering how far up the road I was, and asked if I had gotten my message about Larry. I hadn't gotten my message.

It wAs a whirlwind weekend. A very good weekend with Suzane and all. I love you all, and will be keeping you all in our prayers.

I have just now read all the posts, so am now informed. Love you all!!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Its wonderful to hear Larry is out of Cardiac I.C.U and in a regular room.I woke up early,about four oclock and decided to click on to see if there was any update.God is Good.Our love to all.I guess I need to try to get back to sleep for alittle while longer.Good morning and good night.

Anonymous said...

It is great that Larry is out of CICU. We continue to pray for his pain to be minimal and that his recovery will be as quick as possible. Sure is wonderful that you have a broad base of friends to help you through this time in your life. Thanks for taking the time to update via your blog. It sure helps those of us who can't hug you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeannie, it's me again. I just took some time to look at Jim's pictures. I love to look at his pics--he sure takes some winners. I ran across the "Proposal Story".

Please pass this along to him--Hey Jim, all I can say is--you are a rascal!!! What a beautiful way to propose. Congratulations. Patti looks like a wonderful woman.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Jen and I are so very happy that Larry is doing well. We'll talk and see you soon.

CML_Shearings said...

May He continue to show you that He holds y'all in the palm of His hand even as He has your family on display before the universe.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear all went well for uncle Larry. I hope you all get the rest you need after all the excitment. I love you guys!

Suzie

Mister Ed T said...

Glad to hear all the good news. I was especially touched by the Christian anenthetist story. reminds me of your Mom's Christian nurse. We will continue to pray for you and Larry.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Jeannie,I just talked to Aunt Mollie.She had tried to call you and was told that number had been disconnected.So I checked that number with the one I have and she found she had a wrong number.She asked for me to give you a message from Karen and Dennis that they love you all very much and they are keeping you all in their prayers.Aunt Mollie said please to pass the message along from her and Uncle Bert,all of them the same message.We love you and pray all is coming along alright.
I also talked to Aunt Winona and she has the same message for all of you and promised she would call all her kids.I talked to Larry and Judy and Aunt Ruth's husband Bob and the same message.You are in everyones prayers and they all love you very much.

Debbie said...

Oh I wish our friends would just quit moving so far away. I'd be around the corner in a jiffy with some good ol' chicken soup....that is if you were just around the corner. It's the season for it anyway, not to say I still hope you will call if we can do anything. You know we will!