The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Girl Named Jeannie Annette

Little girl, with eyes of blue
and golden locks with redish hue.

Wonder and trust, in a heart so true,
Ready and willing for a life brand new.

Learning to walk--falling down too,
Learning to talk--though words were few.

Loved and loving was all she knew,
Receiving and giving as she grew.

Growing up was really tough to do,
But God's help was there to see her through.

Receiving His grace and mercy too,
Finding His promises always true.

Looking back on the years--how they flew!
Each day brought challenge and hope anew.

And, through it all, indeed I grew,
As only victories cause one to do.

Growth isn't finished till life is through;
How long I'll live--I haven't a clue!

So, day by day, I'll continue to do
whatever God shows me is right and true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
Uncle Ed

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Ilike your poem Jeannie.

And all those cute "Jeannie" pictures.

Will the story continue?

I would like to see it continue.

I love you Jeannie very much!

Colleen

Eagle-eye Di said...

This is a very poem you have written.You must have a nice little collection by now.Keep it up.