The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

EXPANDED Update (from Jim again...)

Surgery is long since over. I've been waiting to post an update 'til he was awake, but we're still waiting, so here's the latest:


Dr Swanson (the lead surgeon working on dad) came out around 3:15 to let us know that the surgery had been succesful. 5 bypasses were done. Dad did great and everything else was fine. We saw him around 5pm and he looked good considering what he's been through. He also seemed to be responding to our voices. The nurses have decided to keep him out of it for the afternoon and into the evening, but he should be coming out of it soon. We're heading back to visit him again now and get the updates...


Jim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jim and all you cell phone users! Yes God is good.
Uncle Ed

Anonymous said...

Modern technology is just amazing. Thanks for keeping us posted. We will be in touch, Bennie wanted to come today, but I told him I think it is too soon. Maybe next weekend?? Keeping you all in our prayers.

Debbie

Eagle-eye Di said...

Love the picture here.We are very thankful Larry made it through all those bypasses alright.Wow,and yes the Lord is Good.Keep us informed as to his progress.We love you all much,much,much.

CML_Shearings said...

How thankful I am that you & your family is so "into communication"! You are loved & lifted up to the throne, as a result.

Anonymous said...

Good news to hear. Praying for you all

Eagle-eye Di said...

By the way Jeannie I called Aunt Winona,Judy and Larry,Aunt Ruth,Aunt Mollie,Tom and Nancy,and Bill and Shawnee.Just to let you all know prayers are going up as we speak on here.Love everyone much,much,much.My heart goes out to all of you.We can sure thank our Good Lord for keeping Larry safe in his arms.