Let me think for a minute here . . How many years ago today was it?
Hmmmm....well, I guess it's more than I can hardly believe! (I also guess I'd have to get permission from Sherry to tell how many it is!)
Sherry Ann is my firstborn. I was only 20 years old, and married only 9 and a half months, when she took her first breath of fresh air and proclaimed her independence! (Yes, her "independence"!)
Marriage was still a brand new road for me when I rounded the corner into motherhood--another delightful learning curve in my joyful journey! And, what a delight she was in my life! I was barely done being a teenager, but I loved being a mother, and I loved this delightful little gift (6.5 lbs.) God just plopped into my arms!
From her earliest days she was my little pride and joy -- exhuberant, smart, inquisitive, adorable, full of fun, and just plain amazing to me! Perhaps this is just the way any loving mother feels about her child?
But, for me, it's all 100% absolutely true, and then some!
Those little fingers (though bigger than mine now) are still wrapped tightly around my heart, and I still enjoy spending time with her whenever we can get together, though now we're 10 hours apart!
I still adore her and feel so proud of her--as my daughter, as the mother of my two wonderful grandchildren, and as the person God created her to be in the lives of others. What a wonderful gift from God, this dearly-beloved daughter of mine!
Happy Birthday, Sherry! I love you!
Mom

7 comments:
Sherry, I echo those sentiments and then some. I will never forget the first time I saw you. Back then fathers were not allowed in the delivery room, and when mom came out you were laying on her tummy with your eyes wide open. Even though they say babies can't focus, I know you looked right in my eyes. From that moment on (well actually even before you were born) I was hooked. You were adorable then and have grown into a beautiful young lady that I am very proud of. I love you. Happy birthday. Dad
I thought that your post about your daughter was beautiful but then when I looked at the comments and your husband had made a post - Lieve Hemel, now that was the arrow that went straight to the heart! What is it about Dad's and daughters?
When Dad's say it, it seems to carry more weight, or maybe it is a different weight with a different flavour!
Whatever, congratulations on the birthday of your daughter Sherry. That is how we do it here in teh Netherlands, we congratulate everyone for someone elses special days!
So for Erin's (my daughter) success I have been congratulated around the moon and back!!! Too funny!!! As if I had anything to do with it!
You have a wonderful daughter, and a wonderful husband, and a most wonderful God.
Thanks, Mom. Thanks, Dad. I love you both, too, although I can't say I remember the first time I laid eyes on either of you. It was great to catch up on the phone this morning, Mom. See you in July--hopefully before!
Daughters and Sons are so Great!!!!!1 They are wonderful! Sherry was a very special little addition to your new life with your new husband. A Great Guy!!
Sherry we love ya ya know.You are very special to all of us and we also say Happy Birthday to you.Many more happy ones to come along.
One year later, my heart is still filled with pride and joy as I look at your picture and think about who you are. Happy Birthday, again, in 2006!
Post a Comment