I sat on the couch, deep in thought for a long time and then I saw it! We were meant to enjoy what we have, rather than pine for what we don't have! God has already provided tons of blessing, surrounding us, just waiting to be snatched up and enjoyed! But we get so caught up in the hum-drum, ho-hum of life that we miss it!
It's all there:
- Beauty in the blossoms
- Worship in the woods
- Majesty in the mountains
- Serenity in the sunset
- Creativity in the clouds
- Refreshment in the rain
- Wisdom in the walk
- Curiosity in the curves
- Simplicity in the silence
- Sweetness in the stillness
- Seasoning in the seasons
- Digging in the dirt (okay, so I've lost the continuity here!)
- Hope in the rainbow
- Newness in the sunrise
- Strength in the Rock
This list could go on and on...and it all adds up to joy in the journey!
4 comments:
Mom,
Thanks so much for the birthday card and gift! It surprised me, as I had kind of forgotten about my birthday this year in the light of so many other things going on right now.
By the way, Connie's sister finally had her baby yesterday, a whopping 10.5 pound little girl named Victoria Grace. So it looks like, if we are coming at all, it won't be until late June, after I finish VBS and Camp Utmost. I'll keep you informed.
Thanks again.
Whoa, that is quite the view you have there - no wonder you can enjoy áll things!
Loved this reminder as I do all your creative entries. Thank you for caring and for the prayer.
Good reminders. We won't enjoy what we get until we appreciate what we already have.
Post a Comment