The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

So Far . . . So Good!

One week down, many more ahead (hopefully)! I really enjoyed my first week on the job! Hopefully it won't be just another "too good to be true" experience. My first impression has been that this is a a very welcome change, and will be a big improvement over my last job.

The office seems to be a very fun place to work. The boss frequently brings in something yummy to eat, and yesterday he allowed us to order in pizza and salad for lunch. He said he is going to barbeque for lunch next Friday. Everyone in the office seems to be friendly and pleasant to work with.

The work is stuff I really enjoy doing--as opposed to being a receptionist, as in the last job. It's a somewhat relaxed atsmophere, unless there is a big "rush job" going on. I didn't hear or see anything in the first five days that upset me, turned me off, made me nervous (or want to run), or caused me even the slightest concern.

Yea! So far...so good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your prayers for the storm and safety. The first bands of the storm are making landfall where we are at now and it looks to be a "good" one. We will keep you updated.

Chad
signing in from Perdido Key FL

Mister Ed T said...

Glad to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your first week went so well. We've been praying for you. I didn't tell you--Doug sold his house--closing on the
15th. That is a big load off he and Stephanie's finances. He just started classes in nursing school. So far so good. Please pray he will be able to get a job in the hospital soon.