The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Going Back to Work

Yea! I have a job!

It may only last three weeks, but I'll take whatever God gives me. I'll be working for Hollywood Entertainment. It's the same company that has the stores called Hollywood Video all over the country. My job is at the corporate offices, about half hour to 45 minute drive from home. The pay isn't great, and being only a short, temporary job isn't great, but I'm just so glad to be going back to work!

I start on Monday, August 11th, and will most likely work through the end of August. After that it's back to the drawing board unless they like me enough to find a way to keep me. I plan to knock their socks off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....enjoy your time there! I just listened to speaker who said, " Take your peace...and the love of God in your heart into whatever situation God has placed you, and release it." Don't speak it..don't preach it...just let it flow from you so that others around you are touched by you..drawn to you and you change the atmospher you work in, simply because you are there! I'll be praying for you time at work ! He must have someone for you to meet, or something for you to 'effect', if He's led you back into the workforce! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pam! I'll take that advice and run with it!

CML_Shearings said...

So happy you will have a work outlet for awhile, Jeannie. I loved Pam's advice,too!