It felt so right to turn the page on the calendar this morning! The month finally matches the weather! What a wierd summer we've had--a huge disappointment to what one normally expects for summer weather! I hear it's supposed to warm up during the week. Who knows? Maybe we'll have summer instead of fall.
It's Labor Day, but so far, there is no labor happening at our house. Outside it's gray and unappealing, so it would be a good day to be busy inside, but neither of us seems to have any enthusiasm for much of anything.
The deck is still covered with little puddles of water from yesterday's downpour. The sky looks like a lumpy, worn out mattress, ready to lose its old, matted stuffing any minute--as soon as there is a slight tearing of the ugly, tattered covering.
9 comments:
Ahhh Scrabble....I'd love to join you! One of my favorite games...I'm not very good at it...but I sure love it! AND>..glad to hear your first week on the job went well!
How was the scrabble game.
Unfortunately, the Scrabble game didn't happen. Larry managed to avoid such "rip-roaring fun" by finding something else equally exciting for us to do.
scrabel is always fun haven't played na while and I do have a braille version of scrable
Loved your descriptions of the clouds!
Isn't life funny! I didn't realize you got a new, permanent job. And today I got laid-off from my job. I don't know what I will do. Maybe it's time to re-think our life patterns. I'm so glad you have one you really enjoy. Keep in touch!
Since I am coming in late to read your post,did you have your scrabble game? Its hard to get going on any day like you described.Laboring has been going on here but by Earl,his worker and Chuck.Pictures will be posted.Love the two of you.
OOps there I go again.I didn't read the comments first.
One more comment and its a big one! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WITH LOTS OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment