Tonight I sat alone in the "family room". (How ironic is that???) Larry has been gone for the week and I've been here alone keeping the home fires burning--or something like that. I was supposed to be working this week, but, alas, not all that glitters is gold!
Last Friday I got a phone call that informed me that I would be "on-call" instead of at work, beginning Monday, August 11th, and the job would start "no later than Thursday". Immediately I suspected the job was not going to happen after all. Nonetheless, I have determinedly set my alarm eah night for 5:30 A.M. to be up and ready for work, ready to leave the house by 7:00, just in caae they should call and say, "We're ready for you to come in." I have waited ever so--no, not so patiently each day for the call to come, but no, it has not come. Today I finally called to check on it, only to have my suspicions confirmed--the temporary job has been cancelled--no need for extra help after all! (How do you spell what I felt?)
Let down
Disappointment
Relief
Sadness
Frustration
Gladness
Relief
Disappointment
Peace
Oh well.
Who cares?
Tonight I saw beauty in the skies--over and over, it just got better and better! I tried several times to capture it with my camera, but it just would not allow itself to be captured by camera lens. It was only available to the naked eye! It was mine alone to ogle and enjoy and marvel at!
Trust me--it was true beauty of God, for
6 comments:
I am sure you felt a mixture of emotions. probably what I've felt when I have a couple jobs come my way only to disappear or not happen.
How disappointing! Glad you came out on top emotionally.
So ya wanna meet this Sunday at Island Cafe? I've been thinking of you...praying for you. Don't you just love it when Papa paints a beautiful, one of a kind sky for you?! Sometimes I think it's His way of whispering to us "You don't need anything else right now. Just be with Me." Goose bumps!
Of course we wanna meet you guys this Sunday at Island Cafe! Can't think of anything better to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon!
Thats a bummer, but glad you got to enjoy God's beauty. And yes that was my necklace. I was going to put it on that morning and forgot.
Well I am alittle behind the times.I need to learn to scroll down the page to see the earlier happenings.I know how defeated you must have felt at that moment.I am sure there were a few tear runaways down the cheeks.Its also very human to ask Lord whats happening?Our good Lord understands and asks us to believe that there must be something bigger and better coming along.I love you Jeannie.
Post a Comment