The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finally Employed

Tomorrow morning I will be starting work at my new job. Yes, really! I finally have a real job--permanent, full-time (Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00), with benefits, in a office, doing something I really enjoy--legal work. I'll be working for a company that provides legal support services, such as process-serving, court filings, legal document preparation, court record searches, document retrieval, motor vehicle search, skip tracing, and notary public services.

I am very happy for God's provision, and excited to be going back to work! It's been four long months of job search, hoping and praying for just the right one. A week and a half ago this job showed up and I applied for it immediately. Two days after sending in my resume, I was called to come in for an interview. Just one day after that interview, I was called to come for a second interview. At that second interview, I was offered the job. Waiting for the right one seemed to take forever, but when the right job came along, it happened fast!

Between the two interviews I spent three days studying, to be tested at my final interview. Tested on what, you ask? Oh, just the Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure--the stuff attorneys have to learn to pass the bar exam! Actually, I was assigned only 30 pages (8-1/2 x 11) of reading for my test. Reading this stuff almost drove me crazy, but I passed my test with flying colors, so those three days of studying were well worth it! Actually, I did most of my studying in a hotel room, while I was out of town on a business trip with my husband. So, I even managed to enjoy some swimming in the pool on a break from studying.

Back to being a working girl.
Back to getting up early every morning, being gone all day, and coming home tired.
Back to getting a paycheck.
Back to the new "normal".

I think I'm ready for the change--I hope.



5 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Congradulations on your new job Jeannie.The Lord is good!

Mister Ed T said...

Congratulations! Now go for it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jeannie! Wow...back to work full time - you go girl! Let us know how that first week goes!..by the way...where in Oregon are you?? We just spent five days outside of Portland in a little place called Sherwood ( I think that was the name...)..

strider1971 said...

awesome! congrats. hope that it goes well stick with it and keep us updated.

CML_Shearings said...

Shalom, Jeannie...I've been canning apricots & praying that you will be God's light to all who pass through your new office. Congrats! PTL!