Larry is doing much better today than yesterday! Right now he is sleeping peacefully. "We" (he and I) just finished taking a shower together. His nurse came in and said it was time for his shower, and that I could help him if I wanted to, as long as she was in the room. So, while she was changing the sheets on his bed, we succesfully accomplished his first shower. Fun!
Yesterday was another tough day for him, still in quite a bit of pain whenever he went too long without the next pain pill. Last night he went into รค-fib (crazy heart rhythm) that was pretty scary for awhile, and required a bit of quick action. At long last (sometime after midnight) his heart began to settled down, so Jim and I went home. Sherry has been doing bedside vigil every night with her dad, sleeping in the reclining chair beside his bed, so we can get our rest for the daytime needs. He may be sent home tomorrow, depending on whether his heart rate stays stable for 24 hours after his episode last night.
He is beginning to look a little "normal", for which we are so very thankful! God impressed upon my heart this morning that His mercies are new every morning. From this point on, I think Larry and I both will look at each new day as a gift from God.
Oh, and I have to begin a new career as nurse and caretaker for the next couple of months or so. Plus I have to relearn cooking -- heart-healthy meals only, because I do want to keep this wonderful man and best friend around for many more years to come!
10 comments:
On the cooking, I'm sure my kiddos will want to know if this still includes the tater-tot casserole with the "invisible cheese" ;)
Glad to know he's progressing! PTL
Somehow taking a shower together and a racing heartbeat don't go together in my mind :). On a more serious note, God's mercies truly are new every morning. We need to feast on them, no "Bad cholesteral" there! Uncle Ed
Hi Jeannie,
I just looked at your blog- am shocked at the news of Larry's surgery. We will pray daily for a speedy recovery. I will watch your blog for good news.
Love Ya,
Marcia & Scott
awesome, glad to know he's pulling through
We send HUGS all around! Sorry we aren't closer to help. We will see you in December!
I'm sure the shower sent the heart rate up a little....I think it did yours..LOL. I am glad Larry is doing better. Tom and I are wishing u all well and want Larry to get better. Quick recovery. Love Tom and Nan
I continue to think about you and pray for everything peaceful and good.......Good Luck with the new cooking lessons!!!
i love you all and have been praying for you big time
What a scary bit of time for you all to go through.It doesn't pay to go to long between pain pills.Our love to all once more and am thankful Larry's heart was able to calm down.It goes to show you can't let your guard down even yet or once he is home.Happy cooking.I think you guys ate pretty healthy to begin with.That was nice you could shower togeather.
Put on the armor, EVERY DAY.....and I will keep praying every day! Cooking healthy can be fun. If I can help let me know!! I haven't told you about my recent change of diet. You thought I already ate healthy, you should see me now! We'll talk when things settle down. Love you.
Post a Comment