The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

T P ' d

This morning I awoke to an unbelievable white wonderland! (Well, not when I first opened my eyes) At first sight of this new day, everything looked normal. However, as I walked out of my bedroom and down the hall, toward the coffee pot in the kitchen, the sight out the larger-than-life living room windows stopped me in my tracks! Everything was white! It was like "winter-wonderland", except, even in my half-awake, half-asleep state of mind, I knew it wasn't winter! It took a minute for it to register that...we'd been T P 'd during the night--toilet papered, that is!!

Who would want to do such a thing to us??? We have no known enemies, and no well-known, local teenagers in our lives at this place and point in time. But, someone obviously chose to give us many rolls of toilet paper (a kind-hearted gesture ?), while decorating our yard for us! Hey, Pam ("Super Mom"), I do recall you asking for a picture of our yard, after I spent many, many hours out there working on it. Well, here it is, in all its "loveliness":As I stood there staring, open-mouthed in disbelief, my husband came upstairs (from his office on the lower level), and enjoyed the shock on my face. Then he quickly informed me that it was starting to rain, so we'd better get out there and get it cleaned up as fast as possible, before the toilet paper became soaked, and nearly impossible to remove.

So, without another step toward the much-desired cup of coffee, I threw on some clothes and hurried out the door to help with the very speedy clean-up effort.

Fortunately, the weather cooperated and the sprinkles didn't turn into a down-pour until after we were finished grabbing/pulling/raking all the white stuff out of the trees and stuffing it into the trash bin. Unfortunately, it filled up half of the trash bin, leaving a very limited amount of space for the trash to be added over the next four days!Nonetheless, it was a very fun wake-up experience! We laughed and chatted with one of the neighbors who also enjoyed both the scene, and our reaction! Oh, such fun!

7 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

I second what Carol-Ann said. You have my curiosity about the who & why of the TP episode!

Anonymous said...

Time to call in CSI! Did you save some TP for "prints?"
Uncle Ed

Eagle-eye Di said...

It looks like someone wanted to help you feel like you were still in the winter time.Winter,white wonderland.I had to laugh when I first saw this but also realize how I would have felt it had started to rain and the tp molded to the shrubbery and trees.Oh what hysterical horror of it all.You needed a good mocha coffee from Starbucks after this clean up.

Anonymous said...

Agathat Christie, now is the time for you to appear on the scene and tell us who dunnit!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you feel "loved" by someone!!! What a surprise for you to wake up to. I imagine by now you have found out who the culprit is.

Did you change your email address? I tried several times to email you and they came back undeliverable. Can you send me an email at wrinck@mindspring.com so I can check your e-address with what I have?

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I have been in here a few times, and each time, for some reason my comment never got thru.

Did you ever find out the culprits?
I know "I" never did it. I couldn't have. I can't get that much time off Walmart to go find your house, and tp it, and get away back home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl....LOVE the yard..and the environmentally friendly toilet paper hanging so gracefully from the trees and shrubs, is a definitely a 'statement'. Being a former ' T.P.er' myself...I know that you TP people's places you LOVE and you know have a great sense of humor! Congratulations...someone wanted to put a smile on your face! Hope it worked!