The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Too Busy for Blogging!

Life has become really busy for me! A few weeks ago I spent some time dialoguing with God regarding ministry. It seemed to me that the gifts He gave me were mostly just sitting on the shelf, not being used much. That has really bothered me for the last couple of years (ever since moving from Washington to Oregon). Well, lo and behold, God showed me how He desires to use me, and even gave me a name for it!


D' VINE CARE
What is "D' VINE CARE"?

It is giving care to others, as God's hands and feet, helping with the needs of people, as God brings them to me. It's whatever is needed in the lives of other women, such as: meals during difficult times, hospital or home visitation, "Kitchen Table Counseling", mentoring, one-on-one discipleship, transportation, practical help during a crunch time for someone . . . whatever is needed!

During the last four weeks, I have been so busy with opportunities for service, that I hardly think about the blog world anymore. What a huge change for me! I'm usually quite tired out by the end of the day, but loving every minute of the ministry God has given me!

10 comments:

Cindy Pruitt Carlson said...

Thank you for listening to me! I enjoyed our time around the kitchen table. It was very freeing for me.

Thanks Mom Dorris!

Anonymous said...

Perfect!! You have a real gift of encouragement, and I know this will be just right for you.

We, too, have been busy--makes me wonder how I was able to work full-time and fit everything extra in also. But that's how summers go. I haven't been able to "settle in" to retirement yet.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cindy and Sandy, for your encouraging comments--much appreciated!

Montana Sherry C said...

Sounds great, Mom! Good for you.

Gotta go to camp.

Pray for us!

Anonymous said...

I love the name..."D'Vine Care"

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

That sounds terrific Jeannie.

Go for it!

Eagle-eye Di said...

"Too Busy for Blogging!" Blogging is something that doesn't need to take alot of time and can be done anytime,like here sometimes early in the morning or just before you go to bed at night.Since you and Sherry introduced us twins to blogging it has become our means of communicating between us.The Lord has used this blogging to keep our family communication open and real.
Its wonderful that you have felt very led into this peticular ministry for the Lord.It's also very interesting to me because I had already decided a year that I would like to do the same type of ministry for the Lord.I just haven't kicked into gear yet the way I should because the Lord has given me a child to raise up instead.As Colleen posted in one of her blogs,you need to bloom where you are planted.Right now I am needed here for RuthAnn.As she gets older the situation will change.I am in a different situation for the moment.Only the Lord knows what will come next.Love ya.Go for what you feel the Lord has called you to do.May the Lord bless you and use you for those in need.

CML_Shearings said...

I read this entry only a couple hours after I was asked following the church service today if I would consider being the retreat speaker for a women's retreat Jan./Feb. 2008. The retreat topic will be "Pampering Women". Your "D'Vine Life" strikes me as the way to approach that topic.

CML_Shearings said...

OOps! Missed the title. "D'Vine Care" fits even better!

Anonymous said...

Cary, I'm glad to hear that title may be of use for you as you put your thoughts together for speaking at the retreat.

Sherry, Rebecca, Colleen and Dianne, thanks for your affirming comments as well!