We moved our son's fiance into her own apartment (in Portland) over the weekend. I'm sure she is glad to have her own place once again, although we already miss her cheerful presence around here. Our lower level is beginning to look quite a bit emptier than we've seen it since we first moved into this house two and a half years ago.
Today we took a drive back to Vancouver, Washington (our old stompin' grounds) to run an errand for our daughter. We ended up walking around the mall for awhile, and then having supper at a nearby restaurant before heading back home to the Portland, Oregon area. It's always enjoyable to go back to an area once known as "home".
Not much else to report around here. Life is good. We're enjoying the newness of spring as it grows a little more beautiful each week -- already eager for the constant warmth and sunshine of summer.
Of course, we also continue our wait for the outcome to Larry's job situation. It's been wonderful to have him working at home for the last couple of months, and we both wish it would continue until retirement happens. His three-month trial period is about two-thirds over now, and we have no idea what will happen a month from now. Only God knows, and we wait upon Him for that outcome, simply trusting that He has a plan for our lives--a good plan -- a plan for our good, and not for our harm.
" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.' " (Jeremiah 29:11-13, NIV)
5 comments:
Hey Jeannie....jsut wanted to pop in and say 'hi'. I'm still reading your blog - just haven't been posting many comments, but couldn't 'lurk' anohter day,without leaving a hint I'd been here! Enjoy the sunshine - atleast i hope you're getting as much as we are!
I've been checking your blog also. Glad to see a new post. Just finishing up my last few days here at work--after April 30 I will be finished. Bill and I will head for Branson on May 1 for about a week.
Your rain is moving our way. We desperately need more moisture, so thank you. Yesterday, though, was downright summery. I went on a 5-6 mile walk with a friend in the Bass Creek area. We saw Trillium, Shooting Stars & other flowers that normally bloom 2 to 3 weeks later in any given year.
The verse on the end of your post has become one of my favorite verses since I began reading my Karen Kingsbury books.I have just finished Forever,the last of the firstborn series and excitedly await Sunrise where Forever leaves off.Your verse comes up quite frequently and I have found it comes into my mind quite often.With Be still my daughter and wait on me.Along with several others I have wrote down in my notebook.Love you and am happy to hear she was able to get moved into her own place.Although yes I believe I would be missing her bright smilely face she has.She has such a sweet exhuberance about her.At this point I feel like talking about several things in your post but this comment will go on and on and on and on and on.......Get the point?Love you and enjoyed your post Jeannie.
We will definately be praying for you and Larry. Ed and I certainly know what you are feeling, with not knowing what will be happening.
Post a Comment