Life is good, and life is short -- make the most of it!
Don't wait for another day to enjoy it -- start today!
Here in the Pacific Northwest, spring is in full bloom. The flowering trees, bushes, spring bulbs and lots of other flowers are parading all their glorious colors. The trees are already showing off their new leaves, or at least budded out with new baby sprouts. The grass is thick and needing to be mowed a couple of times every week. Today the sunshine was bright and warm (warm enough for summer clothes), and tomorrow promises to be even warmer. I couldn't resist opening all the windows to let the house breathe in the fragrant freshness of spring. Plus, I enjoyed walking around outside barefoot and sleeveless to get my own share of that newness of spring. Truly delightful!
It reminds me of the year (1997) we moved here from California. I thought, "What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about non-stop rain? It's gorgeous here!" Of course, I soon learned that it was an exceptional season of very unusual weather for this part of the country. Now, ten years later, it's exceptional again, and I'm lovin' it! (Maybe our soon-to-be daughter-in-law brought it with her from Southern California.)
It gives me the urge to spend all of my time outside. Forget the housework! Soak up the sunshine while it's here!
Yup, life is good, and life is short -- make the most of it!
Don't wait for another day to enjoy it -- start today!
8 comments:
I reiterate my previous statement that you should write a book. You have such a descriptive way of writing, I can imagine being there and breathing in the fresh air, and enjoying the beauty of the flowers. Of course, much of it is wishful thinking as we are in the midst of a cold wave--after some temperatures in the high 70's. Enjoy basking in the beauty of the day.
It sounds wonderful....
Jeannie, I can sense your joy and rejoice with you over this time of excitement and anticipation in your family's life. The beautiful spring season gives "expression" to your happiness. All praise to God! I trust you had a blessed Easter as did we.........OUR LORD IS RISEN, HE IS RISEN INDEED!! Love, Judy
Hi Auntie Jeannie!
You lucky ducky! If we were to open the house windows here, we would simply be warming the outdoors!! A grassy green Christmas, and a snowy white Easter (well ... a few snow fleries at least)!!
Kinza :)
Like your philosophy too! Uncle Ed
We are getting spring here in the Peace country too. After an early heavy snowfall (October 29) that stayed, we can finally see some sign of it receeding. This morning, a friend of mine said to me: "Now I know how Noah felt. I can see land again!"
Uncle Ed
I feel the way Kinza was feeling.Maybe our opening our windows to let in a breath of fresh air was letting the warm air escape out the window to collide with the frigid air in which snow flakes crystalized making cool,white fluffy flakes.All I can say is winter be gone with ya.Yes life is good and life is short and it is also what you make of it.I feel an inspiration coming on.I need to open my bathroom window up and confer with my squirrel friends.
So cool Jeannie! Enjoy the sunshine!
Post a Comment