The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Even so, Come Lord Jesus!

Today my heart hurts--a lot, for lots of stuff going on in my world--our world. Why does such sorrow and pain have to be a part of life? Why can't life be just full of fun and good stuff? Why does it have to include such awful, wrong stuff?

Sometimes I've heard people say that life would be so boring without the difficulties, but I disagree. I long for the good life--without crime, without tears and sadness, without injustice, without immorality, without heartbreak, without grief and sorrow, without pain and problems, without handicap and sickness, without evil and wrong.

Basically, I long for Heaven, where we'll see our Creator and Savior, face-to-face--the One who will make all things right and whole, the One who will wipe away all tears, the One who loves us and never fails us, and will continue to do so for all eternity.

Yes, Lord! Come, Lord, Jesus! This child of yours can hardly stand to wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. God created us for Eden, for Heaven! We don't fit in this world, especially if we are believers. But the Lord leads us through to the next. I suggest you read "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn.
Uncle Ed, or should I say "Grandpa Ed!"
We are at Suzanne and Brian's. Holding Roger Edward last night was a taste of Heaven.

CML_Shearings said...

Maranatha!

strider1971 said...

well life is full of trials that only are there to make us a stronger person. God's plan is always in place. we don't see it yet full but hey I can't wait

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

The tragidy in Virginia is so sad. There are way too many things happening in our world today to make us just want to cry.

I hurt too, for all those familys in Virginia who have lost their sons and daughters.

I love you Jeannie. I am enjoying my cuddle time with my new little grandson.

By the way, my tulips came up about a week before Ed brought me down to Suzie and Brian's. Yeh!!!

Anonymous said...

You will probably freak out at this comment BUT I do not want the Lord to come back just yet. Why? I have too many family members and friends that need Him...and so I am willing to go through anything in order that HE breaks through into their lives. I am sure He is holdinjg off as long as possible, but I want Him to hold off little longer....