A friend of mine, whose viewpoint and wisdom I greatly respect, posted something in her blog yesterday that seriously grabbed my attention! It is regarding the "rapture" -- a Biblical teaching that many Christians believe could happen at any time. If you're interested in this, click here.
I found it very interesting because this is something I have been casually studying for several years. What I read here lines up perfectly with what I have been reading (in several different sources) over the past several years. Yes, I know there are "scoffers" among fellow believers, but the Bible clearly teaches that there is great reward for those who eagerly watch for the coming of Jesus Christ. I am one of those who eagerly watch for the signs of His coming! The Bible also clearly states that we need not be caught unaware of His soon return, but that we can be alert because of all the signs and information that He has given to us, so that we will not be surprised as one would be by a thief who comes in the night.
My excitement has now heightened just a bit (okay, by a whole lot), and I just wanted to share this with you, just in case you are also one like me who eagerly watches for His return, anticipating it with great joy and excitement. Will this be the time? Only God knows, but why not enjoy the expectation and excitement? If it doesn't happen according to this time table of events in Jewish history, that won't diminish my eager expectation and excitement -- I'll just keep on watching for it!
2 comments:
The link was interesting. Although I am sceptical about date setting for the Rapture, (or naming the Antichrist), I definitly believe we need to "watch, and be ready." Certainly all the signs point more and more to an soon return of our Lord. How about the prophecy in Revelation about skyrocketing oil prices?
I believe the beginning of the seventieth week of Daniel 9 will begin with a peace treaty regarding Israel and Palestine (involving other nations and the yet unrevealed Antichrist). As for the Rapture. Anytime Lord! We need to be ready, its 2,000 years closer that when He said: "Behold, I come quickly." I'd gladly trade this new old house we just moved into for one in Heaven. "Even so, come Lord Jesus."
Hey Mom, not regarding your post here, I couldn't remember your email address so I figured this was another way to get a message to you since my cell phone is out of range. I'm safe and happy in MT. See you Tuesday. Jim
Post a Comment