The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Abundant LIFE!

Today I'm, once again, at the start of a new week, wondering what all it holds in store for me . . .

Yesterday (and the day before) I was at a Women of Faith conference called "Extravagant Faith" -- two whole days of joy -- exuberant joy -- hilarious, side-splitting laughter (mixed with a few tears), combined with making a loud (very loud), joyful noise unto the Lord (blended with a bit of "dancing before the Lord"), and having a ton of fun! I'm guessing this was my 5th or 6th time to attend one of these conferences, and decided that this annual conference is so good for me that I would go alone if I had to, rather than miss out on it! Thankfully, I've never had to go alone, but from now on, I will go alone if I have no one to go with -- it's that worthwhile!

Tomorrow (and today) I want the joy of Jesus to so captivate the inner me (and the outer me) that I experience (and radiate to others) -- abundant life! "Happiness" depends on our circumstances, but joy depends on what is deep-rooted within us -- that which overflows when we delight ourselves in the love of the Lord! Jesus said He came that we might have abundant life! Yes! That's what I want! For me...extravagant faith, which results in exuberant joy, translates into abundant life -- and I hope it's contagious!

1 comment:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I am glad you are able to attend those conferences, cause I know how good they are for a person, in every way. You come back a "refreshed person" in many ways. And ready to start a whole new year ahead, looking forward in anticipation to what is in store.