The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Road Less Taken


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

                                                                                           Robert Frost

I have always liked this poem.  This part of it was mentioned in the sermon at church this morning.  As I began thinking on that statement, I reminisced the “roads” I have taken in my life journey.

What difference has it made in my life to make the choices I made?  As I ponder this, I realize that I will never know.  So what’s the point? 

The point is that I have no regret about the “roads” I have chosen, and I am so thankful for that!  I have no doubt that God has led me and influenced the choices I’ve made, and that’s a wonderful realization! 

As we have moved from place to place along our journey, it has always been perfectly clear to us that God is/was directing us in our choices and decisions.  We have chosen to follow His leading, and that has made all the difference!

For me, the road less taken was the one I was uncertain about--the one I wasn't convinced I should take.  There is peace and contentent when the road chosen is the one God chose for me.

And, that has made all the difference.