The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Looking Back

This morning I am sitting in bed looking back through this blog.  Normally I would be in church on Sunday morning, but I haven't been feeling well for the last few days, so I'm at home. 

It has been delightful to look back through my entire blog and reminisce a bit.  It's a bummer to see that many (perhaps most) of my pictures are gone.  That happened when my picture hosting program on the internet ceased to exist.  I received a warning that it was going to happen, but thought it didn't matter since my pictures are all stored in a file on my computer.  I didn't stop to think that a lot of pictures in my blog were transferred from that picture hosting program that I had used to edit my pictures before posting them here.  Oh well; it would take too much work and time to repost all of the missing pictures.

While looking back this morning, I came across a silly little limerick that I wrote several years ago--which I had forgotten all about, but I do remember writing it.  The funny thing is, according to the old blog post, I was sitting in bed with a cup of coffee (just like now) when I wrote it.  Here 's what I wrote on 9/27/2007:

"Where did this wee bit o' wit come from? I have absolutely no idea! I was just lounging in my bed, enjoying the cup of coffee my dear husband had brought to me, marveling at the lovely view out my bedroom windows (the full moon still visible in the marbled waves of the light morning sky), when all of sudden this silly rhyme began building itself, unbidden, yet determined to continue forming. Finally, it demanded that I get out of bed and transfer it from a short memory to a hard drive!"
Are ya bein' a twit?
Are ya throwin' a fit?
Are ya stuck in a snit?
Then get up 'n git!
Jump outta that pit!
Take a break for a bit.
Find a place ya can spit--
See whatcha can hit.
Rest yer mind while ya sit.
Determine ta quit
Squeezin' that zit!
 Have a joyful day, okay?