The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Much More Than Just a Journey to the Grave!

Tonight I came across a quote I've heard several times over the last few years. It conjures up an image in my mind that makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:
   "WOO HOO what a ride!"

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Those who arrive rather healthy seem to have a better ride getting there!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Love your picture.I haven't really thought about how I want to have my journey to the grave.Its a good thought.I do believe my journey began the day I was born.We are born to die.The life we have inbetween seems to have a say in how we arrive.I'd love to go out laughing in my cowgirl out fit,hat and all.

Jeannie said...

I hope to go out laughing!