The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Indescribable Calamity

With just two of us in our home, and life going really well for us, it seems impossible not to be fully enveloped in what is happening in Japan.  The television is full of dreadful news and pictures of complete devastation that totally bombards my senses.   I have found it difficult to think of anything that I want to blog about. My own little world seems absolutely perfect compared to the world of Japan. The people over there have had their world turned upside down, to put it mildly!

"Unimaginable distress and grief"

"Unbearable pictures and details of horror"

"Unbelievable damage and destruction"

"Unfathomable heartbreak and loss"

These are just a few of the expressions uttered in the fearsome news reports being broadcast continuously since this tragic and horrific event began. The devastation and suffering caused by this apocolyptic event is far worse than anything that has occurred in recent years. The impact of this catastrophy already exceeds the tragic consequences and predictions of any major disasters in recent history.

May God help them and comfort them.  Beyond that I am speechless.

No comments: