The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home

This is where we get our mail now.And, this is where I received eleven new bug bites this morning, in just over an hour of raking the flower beds in this front yard. I had forgotten what that's like--guess I'll have to go back to using bug spray before working in the yard again.

Here's where I get to cool off during the hot Texas summers. Actually, even now for that matter. Our temperatures have been like summer ever since we arrived. Most days are hot and sunny--into the 80's and above 90 the last few days.







This is where we eat (looking out on the pool), and where the meals originate.








Here's where I am sitting right now as I put this blog post together.

Oh, by the way, the empty dining room shown above is where we'll have dinner with you when you come for a visit, and here's the guest bathroom that awaits your arrival.

One last thought:
See those French doors in the room past the fireplace? Those are the same French doors that open onto the pool area. Maybe you should take another look just to remind yourself what you'll be doing while you're here.

Y'all come now, hear?

2 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

Lovely! Your taste & mine are so similar. Are you renting or buying? If we ever get to Dallas, we will be sure & stay with you - the invitation is tough to pass up.

Eagle-eye Di said...

What a lovely new place you and Larry have.We will look forward to seeing it sometime.The pictures are great.