"Fogginess and Haze"
Yesterday morning, when I first got up and looked out the window, I noticed something unusual. The sky was completely overcast, as though a sheet had been draped down from heaven. There was no obvious pattern of clouds -- the sky was just a solid, opaque color that I couldn't see through. Yet, this phenomenom was only true off in the distance. The area surrounding me was clear as a bell, even up to a few miles away, but the hills way off in the distance (the higher elevations) were completely invisible, as though they didn't even exist!
The sight reminded me that this is how life is -- we only get to see this moment! God doesn't give us a glimpse of tomorrow, or even five minutes from now. So often it seems that what we see today makes absolutely no sense to us, and sometimes we wonder about the "how" and the "why" (of today) and the "when" and the "how" (of tomorrow), but only God knows the answer to our questions. He sees the bigger picture -- He sees clearly through the fogginess and the haze, and in His great wisdom and kindness, He protects us from knowing more than we need to know. What we can see right now is all we get for right now. We can trust Him even in the fog and the haze because He sees right through it! I'm so thankful He is that kind of God!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although they are "yesterday's" words, I found them to be so timely for now. This has truly been constant reality for me (and for my husband) for the last two years. The "fog" still hasn't lifted, and the haze is still hanging over our heads, even though yesterday was a beautiful sunny day.
Larry finally got a job (end of April), although it's not what he really wanted. So, even though he is working, he has continued on with his job search. I got a job (back in January), but had so many irreconcilable difficulties, that I finally quit it. "Job Searcher" has been my full-time occupation for the last month and half. I don't enjoy it, but this time I'm not able to quit. Our house is still up for sale, but we haven't had any calls on it yet. Actually, we haven't listed it with a realtor, nor have we advertised it anywhere besides the "For Sale" sign in our front yard. There are information flyers in the box on the sign post, but we've held off on any real marketing of our house until we finish the lower level. That project is almost completed.
The sight reminded me that this is how life is -- we only get to see this moment! God doesn't give us a glimpse of tomorrow, or even five minutes from now. So often it seems that what we see today makes absolutely no sense to us, and sometimes we wonder about the "how" and the "why" (of today) and the "when" and the "how" (of tomorrow), but only God knows the answer to our questions. He sees the bigger picture -- He sees clearly through the fogginess and the haze, and in His great wisdom and kindness, He protects us from knowing more than we need to know. What we can see right now is all we get for right now. We can trust Him even in the fog and the haze because He sees right through it! I'm so thankful He is that kind of God!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although they are "yesterday's" words, I found them to be so timely for now. This has truly been constant reality for me (and for my husband) for the last two years. The "fog" still hasn't lifted, and the haze is still hanging over our heads, even though yesterday was a beautiful sunny day.
Larry finally got a job (end of April), although it's not what he really wanted. So, even though he is working, he has continued on with his job search. I got a job (back in January), but had so many irreconcilable difficulties, that I finally quit it. "Job Searcher" has been my full-time occupation for the last month and half. I don't enjoy it, but this time I'm not able to quit. Our house is still up for sale, but we haven't had any calls on it yet. Actually, we haven't listed it with a realtor, nor have we advertised it anywhere besides the "For Sale" sign in our front yard. There are information flyers in the box on the sign post, but we've held off on any real marketing of our house until we finish the lower level. That project is almost completed.
So, in case you've been wondering about an update to our situation, there really hasn't been anything new to tell. We still don't know what's next in our lives, and God hasn't chosen to reveal it to us. It's the heaviest fog we've experienced in a very long time.
1 comment:
Amen! We are kind of ther too.
Uncle Ed
Post a Comment