The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Oh, how I love cuckoo clocks!

From my dear husband's "joke of the day" collection:
________________________________________________________________


Why females should avoid a girl's night out after they are married...

The other night I was invited out for a night with the 'girls.' I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, 'I promise!' Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easily. Around 3 a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home.

Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times. I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with him. (Even when totally smashed... 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals 12 cuckoos = MIDNIGHT!)

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I told him, "Midnight". He didn't seem upset in the least. Whew, I got away with that one!

Then he said, "We need a new cuckoo clock."

When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, and then swore. Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and swore again.
_________________________________________________________

When Larry tried to read this to me, we were laughing so hard we were in tears!
He could barely continue to read, and then proceeded to tell me that it was so funny to him because it reminded him of someone he knows well . . . well, actually, two someones (females) he knows well (one who lives under his roof, and one who used to). He quickly explained that it wasn't the getting drunk part, he was thinking about, but the quick-thinking, creative solution to getting caught.

Now, who could he be referring to? Personally, it reminded me of something my two sisters would do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story. I agree with Larry--it did remind me of someone I know (not the drinking part.) Who needs drinks to do something funny. I will be sharing this one with Bill.

Mister Ed T said...

Yes, your sisters might do that. But "be sure, your sins will find you out!" :)

Mister Ed T said...

Check my blog for a news update.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Oh Jeannie, this is too hilarious!

This is so funny, I love it.

I can think of one incident that Dianne would think of right away.

I ran upstairs and had Suzie come down and read this. She laughed!!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Whew! I was was so relieved when it was said the two females were two other people.As I read your post I immediately thought you meant the two other sisters.Thanks Larry that was a nice relief.Love ya.Got to watch those Margaritas.They are so good they go down to fast and easy.They can catch you up.I enjoyed reading this,it made me laugh.Glad you enjoyed your evening and Larry was such a good sport.Love you Larry!