The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Food for Thought

"I like you; I love you, and I'm sorry!"

That's what my "little" (8 years younger than me) brother always said to my mom at the supper table, whenever there was a tense moment, because she was upset with her family. While all of us "older' children (and my dad) sat silent, unsure how to handle the moment, he would simply say to Mom (in a soft, loving way), "I like you, I love you, and I'm sorry." It usually worked like a charm!

Hmmmm...maybe it should be used at all those difficult moments in a family setting.

1 comment:

Mister Ed T said...

I remember Colleen telling me Tom often said that, but I did not know the curcumstances. Thanks.