Well, look at that...it's been a whole month--exactly one month today since I last posted! Wow! How things change when one goes back to work!
My new job is going well. It has it's "up" days and it's "down" days -- days when I hope it doesn't last long, and days when I think it's a "keeper". It's hard going back to work at age 58, when one hasn't worked in several years. There are days I love being back at work, and days that I want to quit! Am I too old to do this? I don't know.
What I do know is that God gave me this job, and I will keep it until I believe He says it's time to quit. Until then, I'll just keep depending on Him to help me through each day and each struggle.
Larry flew down to San Francisco this morning to go through a series of "final interviews" -- eight, to be exact, after already having several telephone interviews. Hopefully we'll know more soon--maybe even by this Friday.
8 comments:
Thanks for the update. Will keep praying for Larry, and for you!
I can imagine that being thrown back into the workplace (wether by the Almighty or not) is not the easiest experience in the world. So you should be congratulated for rising to the challenge....Strength to you - and Joy!
It is so wonderful to be able to rest in God's will. May He bless you & Larry for it. Looking forward to hearing about the job interview results.
I am so glad to see an update on your blog.I have been concerned as to how you have been doing with it having been so long since you have worked.And yes as you stated at your stage in life.I know it has to be frustrating and discourageing as you are trying to tackle your new situation.May the Lord keep you in his arms,hold and confort you while you are striving to do what needs to be done to help your financial situation.We love you very much and are praying for the two of you every day.
San Francisco? Beaverton was too far away....now San Fran? Well that is too far for sure! But.....we do understand. We were just thinking about you on the way to church this morning wondering how you are both doing! Maybe we can get together soon! Praying for you both. Big hugs! Deb & Bennie
It's so good to read your post Jeannie. I am so glad your job is going well. I am heard every now and then to say, "I'm too old for this"!
I do know tho that God does take us thru both the bad and good days. I love you Jeannie
Hey Jeannie....just dropping b y to say 'hi'. So excited to hear that you've got a job and you're hubby is interviewing for one. That's such good news. Let us know what happens!
Post a Comment