It's going very well, if you discount the stress of the learning curve. There's so much to learn! Some days I think, "Aha! Now I've got it!", only to realize the next day that I still don't! Fortunately, the good days and bad days seem to alternate with each other, rather than coming in succession with each other. And, it seems that the more I learn and begin to understand the systems and sequence of events, the more I realize how much I still don't know. I'm eager to know it all! I like being an expert in my job, and I dislike intensely a lack of expertise, which might cause other people to think I lack intelligence.
I like the people I work with, and I like the place and the "atmosphere" of the place. I even like the type of work I'm doing. I just don't like being new, and "dumb" at what I'm doing.
Even the getting up early and getting off to work by 7:30 A.M. hasn't really been as tough on me as I would have expected. However, I find that by Friday, I'm really looking forward to staying in bed longer on Saturday morning. And, I'm always really eager for the two-day weekend.
All-in-all, I'm happy to be back in the work world. It's been really good for me! I'm comfortable in this world, and it makes me feel alive and well. God knew what would be good for me, and what kind of job/workplace would suit me to a "T".
God is good, and my new work-world is good for me!
7 comments:
Amen! Saturdy sleep-ins are nice after a week's work!
I am glad to read that all is going well.....starting something new is always more of a stretch than we realize....but a good one!
I agree with Rebecca. My physical therapy exercises, which are slowly strengthening little used muscles in the abdomen, knees & lower back, give me a good soreness both as I do them & afterwards. I hear you expressing similar growing/strengthening pain. May God bless your efforts & great attitude with increased ease & efficiency, along with a testimony for Him.
I agree with Rebecca. My physical therapy exercises, which are slowly strengthening little used muscles in the abdomen, knees & lower back, give me a good soreness both as I do them & afterwards. I hear you expressing similar growing/strengthening pain. May God bless your efforts & great attitude with increased ease & efficiency, along with a testimony for Him.
So glad to hear things are going well in your new job. The first couple of weeks are always the hardest. You will find with this third week that things will begin to fall into place more and more. I can picture your Saturday morning--you laying there in bed with your arm out, just waiting for Larry to bring that cup of coffee. We continue to pray for your job adjustment, and for Larry's job search.
Its good to hear you feel so confortable in your new work world.I often wonder how well I would feel trying to get into a new work place and learn what would be required of me.God is very good and yes did know what would be good for you at this time.
Well I thought I'd check your blog to see how the job is going. I guess it's keeping you busy. Not a post for a while. I think about you often and hope it is still going well for you both. Hope we can try to get together again soon.
Deb
Post a Comment