The picture above so perfectly fits and describes my story—uphill, downhill, round and round, exciting, and scary, bright spots and dark spots. My “joyful journey” has sometimes been an amazing thrill ride and sometimes just a big downward spiral! But, the emotional, mental, and physical struggles are all part of the story, and through it all, I see clear reflections of God’s amazing grace.

Friday, October 26, 2007

One More Milestone

Today Larry drove a car for the first time since September 27th. (After his open-heart surgery he was restricted from driving for four weeks.) Today he feels like he has been set free! So, I guess yesterday was the last time I will need to drive him whereever he goes. He is beginning to act so "normal", it's hard to believe that he really did have quintuple by-pass surgery just a month ago. We are so thankful for the good recovery he has experienced. Just one more month to go, and he will no longer have a "broken heart".

Now he is hard at work once again--looking for a new job, plus still working on the insurance predicament. We've had some hopeful news in that situation, and are waiting on the outcome of submitting an application for health insurance through the state of Oregon. If we read the small print correctly, we may have coverage that covers all of his medical bills. Pray, pray, pray (please).

We are still going for a walk everyday, and eating really good, nutritious meals. We are both enjoying that. I have to keep reminding myself: This is not a temporary diet--it's a new lifestyle, and we need to stick with it. I'm beginning to learn to make up good-tasting food from scratch--just using my imagination and tastebuds. It's only a simple beginning, but

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is good news indeed....what a recovery he is making. Good luck with the cooking!!!!!

SUZIE Q said...

so glad to hear. We are praying for you!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Oh how wonderful to read your post here.I am so thrilled for Larry and his being able to get behind the wheel of that car.Sad on one hand because his need is deminishing for you in that area but wonderful for the new freedom it gives you for the time he is gone with the car.Happy,Happy,Happy.The Lord is Good.