Today was another one of those days of little surprises with Larry's recovery process. I wonder if I will ever learn not to have expectations. When I drove to the hospital this morning I was fully expecting to bring Larry home today, but arrived to learn that it wasn't a good night. To top that off, soon after his breakfast was finished and Sherry was given her break from watching over him, he suddenly got nauseated and upchucked his "cookies". Within five minutes of receiving an IV injection for the nausea, and konked out -- sound asleep for the rest of the morning.
About mid-afternoon he konked out again and slept until supper time.
Tomorrow is a new day.
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear he had another rough day in the hospital.I do know if I were you I wouldn't want him home until he is sailing smoothly through his days.He is in the best place possible right now with doctors and nurses at hand during times like you just discribed.Love you lots and was hoping to see news that he had been able to go home.Our prayers are with him as his body tries to recover from this awful time.Aunt Ruth called last night for an update for the second time and I read her your last update.Their prayers are with you all.Keep updates coming as best you can.I will be going up to their place in Grass Lake on the 13th for her Craft Show she is having.Her daughters and I will be putting in some items to sell.Can you guess what I will be putting in the Craft Show?Love ya.
Of course he will be coming home....
I agree with Diane. The best place for Larry right now is in the hospital. He has had a very traumatic procedure done to his body. It will take time for everything to adjust to normal, and I'm sure he is taking more medication than anyone can imagine. The food intake will come slowly. In the meantime, know that we are all praying. We love you. Bill and Sandy
I suppose he did just have open heart surgery, it is a little scary how fast people are sent home nowadays. I can't imagine uncle Larry in the hospital but I'm sure he'll be home when he's ready
Your willingness (& Sherry's) to share with us those set-backs & ups & downs of recovery, make us feel like we are right there with you. It reminds us how to pray realistically, as well. Our thoughts continually go your way. Today is Shemini Atzeret, the 8th day of Succot which speaks of "rest" & new beginnings. Larry is literally living out the day without realizing it! It's so good for his recovery to get those longer periods of rest!!
Post a Comment